VA New Jersey Health Care System
James J. Howard Veterans' Outpatient Clinic
- Primary care services for veterans in the New Jersey and surrounding areas.
- Behavioral Health services including individual, group and family counseling.
- Handicapped Accessible: full and easy access for all veterans.
- Personal Care: Highly qualified primary care providers, specialty care referrals to the East Orange and Lyons Campuses.
- Laboratory: Blood drawing services available.
- Prescriptions: Routine prescriptions processed through the mail or My HealtheVet.
All appointments are scheduled prior to visit.
- Primary Care
- Social Work
- Mental Health
Clinics meet on specific days and appointments are scheduled prior to visit.
- Diabetic Consult & Group
- Physical Therapy
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Teleretinal (Diabetic Eye Screening)
- Women's Health
From Garden State Parkway - SOUTHBOUND
-Take Exit 91 and bear left after the toll booth.
-Proceed around the jughandle past the Texaco station.
-Turn right at the light and go back over the parkway.
-Make the 1st right turn at the Department of Veterans Affairs sign. This will be Burrsville Road.
-Proceed approximately 1 mile to the 1st traffic light and turn left onto Jack Martin Blvd.
-Go approximately 1 mile to the next traffic light and turn right onto Rt. 70 West.
-Continue on Rt. 70 West for approximately 1/4 mile and turn right at the Department of Veterans Affairs sign.
From Garden State Parkway- NORTHBOUND
-Take Exit 90 make a right upon exiting and continue for approximately 1 and 1/2 miles.
-Proceed to the 3rd traffic light and turn left onto Route 70 East.
-Continue straight on Rt. 70 to Jack Martin Blvd.
-Go through intersection bearing right around the jughandle and make a left turn at end of jughandle onto Route 70 West.
-Continue on Rt. 70 past Georges Road and turn right at the Department of Veterans Affairs sign
- Free on premises