VA New Jersey Health Care System
Lil' Tykes Learning Center
Lil' Tykes Learning Center (LTLC) is located on the East Orange Campus of the VA New Jersey Health Care System, 385 Tremont Avenue, Building 2, East Orange, NJ 07018. Call 973-676-1000 ext. 2578 for information and registration.
Immediate slots are available for:
- Infants from 6 weeks to 1 1/2 years old
- Toddlers/Waddlers from 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 years old
- Pre-K1 from 2 1/2 to 3 years old
- Pre-K2 from 3 1/2 to 4 years old
Learning Center information:
- National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) accredited learning center (capacity 57).
- Licensed by the State of New Jersey Department of Children and Families.
- VA and other federal government employees pay only $120.00 per week.
- Full-time, part-time, drop-in and half-day rates available.
- Nutritional meals provided daily: breakfast, lunch and P.M. snack. All meals meet USDA guideline standards.
- Convenient on-site location for local employees at the VA East Orange Campus.
LTLC staff respects the integrity of each child’s ability to learn by addressing the developmental needs of the “total” child. Children are engaged in activities that help to nurture self-esteem, reach developmental milestones, and support verbal and non-verbal communication skills. Trained/credentialed staff cherishes each child’s cultural background; and encourage the participation of the whole family in our program. It is our belief that the first six years of life are the most crucial for emotional, social, intellectual and physical development, because of this belief staff engages children in:
- modeling constructive, positive methods for communicating with peers and adults;
- activities that assist children to become creative, responsible, problem-solving individuals;
- creative ways to develop a sense of wonder and curiosity to stimulate a desire for continuous learning;
- exposure to a variety of concepts in the Creative Curriculum areas of language arts, science, math, dramatic play, music, block building, cooking, creative art and creative movement;
- “hands on” experiences where learning occurs through successful interaction with materials and peers;
- self-directed activity as well as group experiences; and
- a balanced, nutritious lunch and two supplements a day.
For Federal Employees
If you are a Federal employee and meet Department of Veterans Affairs eligibility criteria, your childcare costs may be reduced with the VA Child Care Tuition Assistance Program.
E Orange Campus
385 Tremont Avenue, Bldg 2
East Orange, NJ 07018
- 973-676-1000 Ext. 2578
Hours of Operation
- Mon-Fri 6:45am - 6:15pm