If you have symptoms of fever, cough and shortness of breath, call us at 1-800-877-6976 before visiting us. For other concerns, you may be able to access VA care from home by phone or using VA virtual care options. More Details
Prepare for a visit: Everyone entering our facilities is screened, and visitors are limited. Face coverings are mandatory: we encourage you to bring your own, or you can use one we provide. Please contact us first before going to any of our locations. For some needs, you may be able to get care at home by phone or video.
For the latest coronavirus information: Visit the CDC website.
VA New Jersey Health Care System (VANJHCS) will be expanding care 25% on Monday, July 13, 2020 for Specialty Care at East Orange, Lyons, Hackensack and Brick Community Based Outpatient Clinics. On Monday, August 3, 2020, we will be expanding services in Primary Care and Mental Health. We would like for you to be aware of the changes that you will experience when you enter the medical centers and community clinics.
“Safety is VANJHCS’s number one priority as we expand health care services for Veterans. Providing a Culture of Safety is an important principle of a Highly Reliable Organization. Our facility will expand operations in an environment that is safe for our Veterans and staff. Our goal is to care for the Veterans who have the greatest clinical need while ensuring a safe environment for all involved. To accomplish this goal, we will provide health services, considering guidance from various agencies including state and local government”, stated Vincent Immiti, Medical Center Director.
We would like for you to be aware of the following changes that will be necessary to provide a safe environment when you return to VANJHCS for care:
• Although we must continue to limit visitors into our buildings for safety, when you come for an appointment in-person you may bring a caregiver if you need assistance.
• If you have a health care question, please place a phone call for assistance before coming into the medical center or clinic.
• Text “Here” to 53079 to notify the clinic when you arrive in the parking lot for your scheduled appointment. You will be given further instructions regarding when to enter the building.
• We will screen everyone for symptoms who enters our facility to ensure minimum exposure for Veterans, Veteran caregivers and staff. Please feel free to talk to our staff about our facility screening process and the precautions that we are taking to ensure your safety.
• Please bring a face covering with you for your appointment as it will be required to enter our facilities. You will notice that all staff and personnel will also be wearing a face covering to help ensure your safety.
• If you experience serious and urgent non-COVID-19 concerns (e.g., chest pains), immediately seek medical attention. Safety for all Veterans – including those needing emergency care not related to COVID-19 – is VA’s top priority.
Our highest commitment is the safety of our Veterans and we ask that you visit our website at www.newjersey.va.gov or follow @VANJHCS on Facebook, for a complete list of the new procedures that are intended to ensure health and safety for all.
• Important VANJHCS Contact Information
NEW COMMUNITY CARE INFORMATION and FACT SHEET
VA Community Care Network changes to Optum for urgent care and pharmacy benefits. Beginning 3/18/2020 Veterans can find in-network Urgent Care locations or pharmacies using the VA Facility Locator at https://www.va.gov/find-locations/
Events & Classes
Mindfulness Group~East Orange
Aug 17, 2020 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM (EST)
Yoga Room, Center for Health and Wellness, East Orange VAMC, Building 17
Easy Tai Chi~Brick Clinic
Aug 17, 2020 2:30 PM - 3:30 PM (EST)
James J. Howard Brick Clinic
Easy Tai Chi~Lyons
Aug 18, 2020 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM (EST)
Planetree Suite, Lyons Campus, Building 6, 2nd Floor