VA » Health Care » VA New Jersey Health Care System » Health Care Services » Blind Rehabilitation - Patient Responsibilities
VA New Jersey Health Care System
Blind Rehabilitation - Patient Responsibilities
As a Veteran participating in the VISOR Program, you have the responsibility to:
- Treat all members of the VISOR Team with courtesy and respect.
- Treat other Veterans participating in VISOR programs with whom you come into contact with courtesy and respect.
- Inform the VISOR team when you are unable to keep appointments, including home care appointments, so that the time may be used for another Veteran.
- Ask questions about any part of your care, especially that which you may not understand.
- Cooperate with the treatment staff by providing, to the best of your ability, accurate and complete information about your health, illnesses, functional and other adjustment issues related to vision loss.
- Tell the VISOR team about changes in your eye condition.
- Tell the VISOR team about changes in your medical condition that may affect your rehabilitation.
- Follow the instructions of the VISOR team regarding use and care of prosthetic equipment issued to you.
- Let the VISOR team know if you are having difficulties following training instructions or with any prosthetic equipment.
- Maintain yourself in a safe environment and follow basic safety guidelines.
- Correct, to the extent possible, safety hazards in your environment.
- Lyons Campus, Building 7
- 908-647-0180 Ext. 4437
Hours of Operation
- Mon-Fri 8:00am-4:30pm